In this episode we had the pleasure of speaking with Paula Harrell of P. Harrell Wines. We talked about:
- Party Planning at 12 Years Old
- Ah Ha Moments
- Advice for budding and existing Entrepreneurs
And so much more………..
Paula J. Harrell is a San Francisco native and founder of P. Harrell Wines. She has had a long standing career in Real Estate & Mortgage Finance, as well as many years of civic endeavors with film and special events, but she has always had a special passion for wine. After years of engaging with the wine culture as a hobby, she finally started her own private label in November 2015.
The daughter of an immigrant mother from Panama and an American father, P. Harrell Wines is a tribute to her family’s entrepreneurial legacy and dedication to community, friendship, and cultural heritage. Paula’s parents raised her and her 4 siblings, built a series of thriving residential care facilities in San Francisco and in homage, Paula has named her first two wines after residences and properties of her family’s in San Francisco that hold special meaning to her.
The Last Five Sips:
- If money were no object, what bottle of wine would you splurge on? Chateaunef-de-Pape
- Who would you love to share a bottle with, living or deceased? Dad
- What are some of the things you do or read to keep up to speed on what is happening in the wine industry? Visit Wineries, Keven Zraly – Windows on the World Wine Course, Wine Enthusiast, Wine Spectator, Food and Wine Magazine and Bon Appetite
- What advice would you give you your 22 year old self? Focus on your interest and learn how to say “No” more.
- When you finish your day and sit down with your favorite glass of wine, what is on your music playlist? Big Band, Vocal Jazz, Bossa Nova, Parisian Music, Salsa
For more information:
Instagram, Facebook and Twitter – @pharrellwines
Restaurants where can you find Paula’s Wine:
Rustic-chic gastropub offering all-day American comfort fare & cocktails, plus beer & wine on tap.
Daytime eats, multi-cultural dinner plates & drinks in chic, comfortable digs (& soon, a roof deck).
Modern Italian hot spot featuring a brick oven, cocktail bar, daytime cafe & ocean views.
Upscale Oaxacan-Californian cuisine offered in a chic, cozy space with culturally inspired accents.
Seafood & Southern comfort food served since 1977 in an easygoing space with open-mike nights.
Vinos by the glass paired with specialty pizza, charcuterie & other nibbles at this snug wine bar.
The Battery, Private Membership Club