In the second episode of our fourth season we had the pleasure of speaking with Melody Fuller, Founder of the Oakland Wine Festival! In our conversation we talked about:
· The Exceptional Vine
· Inclusion of Women of Color in the Wine Industry
· Growing up with a strong Mother
· So much more!
I am an independent professional wine, food, and travel writer. I write books, white papers, articles, and I engage in exciting publishing opportunities to educate, inform, and entertain.
For many years, I traveled locally and around the world learning about wine, food, meeting vintners, and building relationships one sip at a time. I filmed my first TV show at Pebble Beach Food and Wine.
For two years I was invited attendee of The Symposium for Professional Wine Writers at Meadowood Napa
Valley. This is a tremendous honor and high recognition of the work that I do. On the eve of the 2014 Symposium, I was having dinner with a dear friend in St. Helena. My professor, aka, Mr. Robert M. Parker Jr., who was just one table away, was dining with friends as well. He and I had a delightful conversation about the days to come. I capped our evening by correctly opening and pouring my friend’s wine for him and by accurately blind guessing the four wines he and his companions were enjoying.
I am a wine educator, leading a couple of monthly wine tasting clubs and simply being a friend and taster at another wine club that meets every other month.
I look forward to your continued support of the Oakland Wine Festival!
The Last Five Sips:
1. If money were no object, what bottle of wine would you splurge on and why? The best wine money can buy to drink with the top 10 decision makers in the wine industry
2. Who would you love to share a bottle with, living or deceased? Grandparents, Parents and Son
3. What are some of the things you do or read to keep up to speed on what is happening in the wine industry? Trade Newsletters, Wine Magazines and Wine Books
4. What advice would you give you your 22 year old self? Don’t wait! Travel to Wine Country
5. When you finish your day and sit down with your favorite glass of wine, what is on your music playlist? Classical and lite Jazz
How you can connect with Melody on Social Media:
Instagram: @oakwinefest and #owff2018