In this fourth episode of our fourth season we had the pleasure of speaking with Chrishon Lampley founder of LCS Entertainment LLC and Love Cork Screw Wines! In our conversation we talked about:
- Never Giving Up
- Paying it forward through mentoring
- Supporting Local Vineyards
- So much more!
As seen on CNBC’s “The Job Interview,” Chrishon Lampley is a negociant, wine enthusiast and founder of LCS Entertainment, LLC that features Love Cork Screw wines. Love Cork Screw is a lifestyle brand that launched six varietals in the fourth quarter of 2013. Since its inception, the LCS brand has acquired over 50 locations
including, Mariano’s, Whole Foods and other Chicago land area stores, restaurants and bars. This rapid expansion is attributed to Lampley’s 14 years’ of experience in the industry, which has given her leverage to develop a keen awareness of what people enjoy and what the market is missing.
As a holistic brand, three wine-scented candles were added to the portfolio in 2014 available now at Target locations, including three bonus scented candles.
Lampley leverages her platform to mentor young women and budding entrepreneurs who can benefit from her lessons and her success. She gives her time and resources greatly to nonprofit organizations through sponsorship and speaking engagements. Lampley has mentored youth through Urban Broadcast Media, Chicago Sky and Polished Pebbles to encourage Chicago’s youth. She is a member and supporter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
LCS Entertainment, LLC is a licensed wholesaler and importer, a certified Minority Business Enterprise and a Women Business Enterprise.
The Last Five Sips:
- If money were no object, what bottle of wine would you splurge on and why? – The most expensive bottle of Chianti available
- Who would you love to share a bottle with, living or deceased? Sade
- What are some of the things you do or read to keep up to speed on what is happening in the wine industry? Tasting, Social Media, Sommeliers, Restaurants – Touch, Feel and Go
- What advice would you give you your 22 year old self? Stop Overthinking – Don’t take it personal – It will work out
- When you finish your day and sit down with your favorite glass of wine, what is on your music playlist? Old School Hip Hop, Common, Tribe Called Quest, Robert Glasper, 90’s R&B
How you can connect with Chrishon on Social Media:
Facebook: @lovecorkscrew, @chrishonlampley, and @lcstheloveseat
Twitter: @lovecorkscrew and @lcscandles